Wednesday, August 6, 2008



When I first met this guy, nothing special about him struck me. He was just an ordinary person, and at that time I thought he was just another Mat. (: But he taught me for a while and he was kind and sincere, more so than many other people can ever hope to be. I learnt later that he was pursuing his dream, his faith in Syria and Indonesia.

When I read that front-page article on Berita Harian about his death, I was so shocked it took a while to sink in before tears overwhelmed me.

People talk about unfulfilled potential and about Heath Ledger, but what about Rafiq? He was young, barely 20. And his life seemed to just begin, he was about to finish his studies and planned marry on a date barely a few weeks after the day he died.

But his dream hopefully lives on, through someone else who displays the same values as he, through this award; some one who displays resilience, courage and selflessness in giving back to society.

I really am touched by him, or rather his story. How it's okay that dreams can remain unfulfilled and that to remain sincere and stay good to the people around you is what is most important. Because Islam is a religion that protects it's people, no matter what the media says or how certain people distort the essence of this beautiful religion for their own benefit. I really believe that the world now is but fleeting and that there is a reward in the hereafter for people who do good to others to the best of their abilities.

Because all blessings come from Allah, but "bad" things are the result of our own weaknesses. And without knowing what is pain or grief or other "bad" things, how can we hope to know happiness, or taste success?

I've got to try to remember that. I've been so wrapped up in school and stuff, I forgot what is most important. It is my weakness and I'll try overcome it.

Moments of weakness are but that: a moment of weakness. It's what is done after that that matters. If it seems to you that I am sad/ depressed/ stressed, it's okay. Ignore me for it too shall pass. Time is fleeting, and so is this world. But while we're here, let's make it worthwhile.


PAPARAZZI


POKERFACE


Hasia the Basia

Temasek Academy (TA)
1B082B08

TJCSB Double Reeds
Bassoon
Lower woodwinds FTW!

1/4 of the Besterestest Brainies! (:
Strawberry Chocolate!

Cedar Girls' 1P06 2P07
CSB Saxy

STARSTRUCK

atiqah
junying
livia

mariam

tze hern
jamie
keith
lorenzo
jiaxin
jasmine
sarah
angelique

jermain
flora
jessica
grace
gino
tjband

1B08
tascip
ta orientation
2B08(:

CREDITS

Credits: Mira Muhayat.

Best viewed Mozilla Firefox.


PAST