Sunday, May 24, 2009
Prelude 29. What can I say? I think that night was really more than just what happened that evening. It was the culmination of the entire journey that we have taken as a band and although it was not an entirely perfect performance from me, I did my best and I have no regrets. And I think given the time-frame we had to prepare, I think we did a good job. Both tj band and the stageband item. (: So kudos to us. (: I think I did feel some magical presence that night. (:
I'm going to miss playing next to Flora. ): I was just looking at the Machu Picchu score just now, with your name peppered here and there, and I realised that I might never play any lower woodwinds part with you ever. I love you, Flora, but more importantly, I appreciate you more so than you can ever realise. You've taught me so much, and I just wanted to say thank you. I can't believe this might be the last concert where we play together.
So, Nic 1. This is our first stop for our band journey together. I think we did great. (: Thanks for being such a patient sectionmate, tolerating my nonsense and stuff. We've got quite a long way to go, but I guess it never hurts to say: Thank You. You've taught me much more than you realise you have. I think I bully you sometimes, do I? I'm sorry. ): But then again, you bully me more!
Well, Hanif and Jermain and Jhin Jieh. (: I think we did great for a bunch of musicians who need to force ourselves to stop laughing in order to play some music. (: We totally made a fool of ourselves with the 'Sound of Music' thing, but no more than Alastair did, so it doesn't matter too much. I'll miss playing next to you guys man. By the way, good job Alastair! (:
I guess comments from the audience was overall okay. I don't really trust audience comments, cos they're usually biased and stuff, but I guess it feels nice when people say nice things. (: I got chocs from Sab! thanks Sab (: Yes, I could hear you and your "mysterious date" cheer for me. (:
I guess at the end of the night, I truly realised the finality of the end of Prelude 29 and I guess that's when the tears started, especially on the bus. But I'm not one to make a scene and somehow the night turned and really ended on a high with random groups of people taking photos for the sake of taking photos. Oh, and awesome donuts! (: I love Mr Wong, the donut seller. He is so cute! HAHA.
Thank you to everyone who wrote me notes and gave me stuff. Really appreciate it. (: Thank you thank you thank you. All of y'all made the night a little brighter! (:
I love tj band. (: Tj band is family. (((: